Thursday, September 23, 2010

Highchair Peace

Poor Cracker Jack never really got to be the baby for long.  Bless his heart, he was only four and half months old when I was completely shocked and awed that I was pregnant with Sweet Baby Jude.  We made sure that we gave Jack all the attention we could in his short time as the only.  We have tried to make the transition into older brotherhood easy for him.  But, hey, he isn't even two...it's been hard!  Ha! For him and us!

So it really wasn't surprising when he became possessive of all his barely used baby equipment.  He hadn't sat in his bouncy seat in over a year, but it has quickly become his lounge chair since the day Jude came home.  I can forget bathing them together right now because Jack throws a fit to sit in Jude's bath chair.  Of course when Jack is in the bath alone, he could careless about sitting in it...figures.  The other day, we found him sitting in the exer-saucer, looking like he had fallen into a paint bucket, just having a blast playing with all the gadgets.

I don't know what I was thinking when I first put Jude into Jack's highchair...seriously Mommy...are you clueless?  It was N.U.T.S!

"Mommy! shriek! Mine! Mine! shriek! Up! Up!"

He was hanging on the tray practically pulling the thing over.  Jack really doesn't even need his highchair anymore, but let him see Jude sneaking in on his territory...and it's O.V.E.R.

I finally just gave up and started feeding Jude in the bouncy.  I guess highchair trumps bouncy in Jack's world.  Anyway, have you ever tried to feed a wiggly 5 month old in a BOUNCY?  Again, Mommy what were you thinking?  Jude bounced so much that I rarely could hit is mouth with the spoon. When I thought I had a good aim, his bouncy limbs would send the strained squash flying. Sigh.

I never in a million years thought I would have two boys in two years, and I never really thought there would be a day that I needed TWO highchairs.  Believe me I have fought it.  Yes, I thought about other options like a booster, but no, Jack wanted HIS highchair.  So I finally broke down and bought another one for Jude.

And this is what having two highchairs got me...

Peace.



Best money ever spent.  Look at that brotherly love!  Yep, Jude looks hungry...




Aren't they sweet?!?!

Of course Jack could now careless about HIS old highchair.  The new one is now HIS...more than likely cause it sports a monkey motif.  Hey, I pick my battles!  Jude is now more than welcome to sit in his chair now.

Oh, and the peace lasted for about 2 minutes and 37 seconds, then the strained squash and hot dog nuggets went flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...