Friday, February 4, 2011

A Rare Event

Another snowy day.  We're going on Day 4 of this winter storm, and the snow is still falling at my house.  It is actually starting to come down harder as I type.

There haven't been many times in my life that I could look out my office window and see this view.  I can count them on one hand.

This winter weather has caused the city to come to a screeching halt.  Schools closed, universities closed, businesses closed...you name it and it is probably closed.  I had already had plans to work from home this week.  There was a hiccup in my schedule which meant juggling the boys and the office for a week. 

This unusual event didn't throw off my plans too much.

Yes, I am going nuts like most moms who have been stuck inside with their darlings all week.  Little ones need to roam, run, play.  They need to burn off that youthful energy that we would like to bottle and save.  Several inches of ice and snow and below freezing temps make that difficult to do with toddlers.  

My nerves are wearing thin...

But as I think about the rarity of this storm, I realize it is just as rare that I get to enjoy an entire week in the presence of my little ones.  Most days I yearn to be home with them, but can't.  Many weeks I anticipate the weekend knowing I get to enjoy time with them....just time.  I am always searching for time...more time.

I am not going to lie.  There are many days I am so very happy that I get to jump in my car and get away for the day...even if it is just to the office.  There are weekends that I dream of childless vacations to all those un-family-friendly destinations.  Hey, I am normal!

But today I am going to soak up this rare event.  I am going to enjoy the snow, even though I despise the cold.  I am going to enjoy this blessing of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...