Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cupcake Happiness

  

When everyone at our house is either sick, grumpy, sleep deprived, or all of the above, there is always one thing that knocks the blues off all the big and little humans in our house.

Cupcakes.  We all L.O.V.E. them!  But who doesn't?

Jack has a terrible case of the croup, and it looks like Jude is heading there too.  So, with both of them sick Prince Jer and I are "all of the above."  I think we needed the sweet treats more than the kids.

Don't be too impressed with the picture above.  I am far from being Martha Stewart.  I love to cook, but baking is not really my thing.

These were made with a cake mix and my super easy, never fail icing.  I take...

a tub of vanilla frosting, 
a small tub of cream cheese, 
and a tub of whipped topping,

Sometimes I buy the light versions trying to convince myself that I am cutting the calories.

I whip them together in my mixer, add a little food coloring of choice, and YUMMY!

Again, I am not Martha.  I don't own any fancy shamcy cake decorating tools; so this Mommy uses a plain ol' Ziploc bag.  I just spoon the icing in, shove it all into a bottom corner, cut a hole about the size of a dime, and pipe the icing on the cupcakes.  For these I sprinkled on some sugar crystals and plopped on a Halloween decoration.  Sometimes I will blend in some berries, but today called for SUGAR-straight up!

Jack loved them and forgot about being sick and whiny for a moment...



Mission accomplished!

That's not green boogies in his nose...

Jer was...

Well...

Being Jer...


Jack wasn't pleased.  No worries, he got over it quickly and commenced to demolishing his cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...