Friday, March 25, 2011

Easter Wreath {Tutorial}


I've been a really bad blogger lately, and an even worst crafter.  Life has just been crazy with my work, Jer's school, and such.  Now that things have settled for the moment...I am back!  Ready to craft for Spring and Easter and share with the two or three of you who are so sweet to read The Telelporting Toddler.  I {heart} you!

I was in the mood to make an Easter wreath while spending as little cash as possible.  I have been wanting to make the cute wreaths I have seen around with fabric scraps, so here is my Easter version...

You really just need a coat hanger and some cute, fun, "springy" fabric scraps.  I added a couple of more embellishments, but it isn't necessary.

Bend the coat hanger into an egg or oval shape.
Cut the fabric scraps into strips about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long.
Cut enough strips to fill your hangers.  I used about 1/4 yard of each of the four fabrics shown above...it was plenty for the basic hanger I used.
Begin tying the strips of fabric to your hanger with a simple knot.
Alternate the different colors of fabric as desired.
Keep tying until the coat hanger is full.  Fluff and shape into an Easter egg shape.
I found a cute little bunny pick at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.  I just broke off the pick, ran some ribbon through her ears, and hung her in the middle of the wreath.  I added a big tulle bow on top....tada...a cute super easy Easter egg wreath!  I did the whole project while watching Grey's last night...it is that simple and quick!

Check out some other fun projects at:





Photobucket





The Centsational Girl





11 comments:

  1. Tracey! I love your craft ideas! I think I can pull this one off ( :
    Michelle Haas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable! What a brilliant idea. I have a rag wreath on my door right now but it's not in the shape of an egg. I love the oval shape and the beautiful colors of yours.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these for Halloween and Christmas and this one is cuter than those by far! Thanks for sharing!
    Deanna @ shadytreediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The colors are fabulous and I love the bunny in the middle. So sweet!
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome. I bet my oldest daughter could even help me with it.

    Laura@ComeTogetherKids

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wreath - I want to make one with fabric scraps, my niece has one on her door and it's beautiful, just like yours is. Thanks so much for sharing the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love!! Can't wait to make one!!!!! As soon as I get home from work, that is the first thing I am doing. Good thing I did my cooking for the week yesterday........good planning for a crafter. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I bet my daughter would love to help me with this! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog and I hope you get to visit again soon! I love the name of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY impressed that you took the time to cut all your strips with pinking shears. didn't your hand hurt? i always take the easy (nonpainful) route and use my rotary cutter.

    Love the Egg shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...