Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cowboy Picnic



Being home with the boys the last few days has been a rare treat for Jer and I.  It has been a nice change of pace. We have forgotten our hectic daily torture commute and are just, well....being totally and completely LAZY.  It's been heavenly!  The boys have loved it too.  Lazy in their world means staying in pajamas and being more rowdy than any teacher, aunt, or even Granny would ever allow.

Complete freedom from routine has made them a powerful force...a force that brings me to my knees, in exhaustion and prayer, pretty much hourly. So, early this morning when the house became silent, I was terrified to look and see what new messy disaster was waiting for me to clean up.  To my shock and awe, I found my darling duo sitting quietly on their sister's bed having a "Cowboy picnic"...according to Jack.  





I think Jude was just taking a breather before taking on Jack in a jumping on the bed duel.





There was something so sweet and peaceful about my rough and rowdy boys being surrounded by girly pink, just enjoying some quality time together.  




Like most events similar to this, it was fleeting.  Jack broke the calm with a "YEEHAW" and duel was on!  First one to get a knot on the head that doesn't require stitches is the winner!

Life with these two is exhausting, but it will never be boring!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...