I cannot believe that today is Jack’s last day of being a one year old. I can’t stand it! Like every new mother, I am wondering where the last two years have gone. I knew parenthood would bring me joy, but I never realized how just how overwhelming that joy could be. These are just a few things Jack is doing right now that keep the joy overflowing…
- His love of anything that beeps, roars, zooms or crashes.
- If it doesn’t beep, roar or crash…he is going to make the sound effects to make it do so.
- When he doesn’t want his picture taken, he says “No cheese, Momma! No cheese!”
- He says “cookie” in the same voice as the Cookie monster.
- If allowed he would stay in his pajamas all day long, and Elmo slippers as well.
- How he says “hi” to every cow, bus, fire truck, bird we pass on the road…”Hi cow!”…”Hi bus!”…
- How proud he is of himself that he sleeps in a big boy bed.
- Every container turned upside down is a drum.
- That he thinks his tricycle is a bicycle and corrects us if we call it a tricycle.
- That every ball now has its own special name….soc-cer ball, feet-ball, bass-ball.
- When he wants to go home, he says he wants to go to “Jack’s house.”
- That he loves to eat breakfast for dinner, and if given the choice would eat pancakes for all three meals.
- His love of books, books and more books!
- His infectious and precious laughter! Once he gets going it’s hard to stop. Jack LOVES to laugh!
- His protective nature of his baby brother Jude.
- But most of all…how he lights up and says “Hi Mum!” when I walk into a room…every single time.
I am so proud of the amazing little boy he is growing into. His smile, laughter and sweet spirit remind me daily that I am blessed beyond measure!